Week Thirteen: Whatever Happened to The Man of Tomorrow Assessment

1. What is your reaction to the text you just read?

Okay, so ironically I wrote in my previous blog for this week that I have never been into the whole Marvel thing. I seriously think my opinion has changed after reading this text. To me, it was a love story (a very dramatic one), one you thought would not have a happily ever after while reading it, that actually turns out to have one in the end. It gave my butterflies and I literally found myself smiling while reading the last couple panels (I even looked up to see if anyone noticed). So my reaction was a feeling of surprise, relief, and happiness.

2. What connection did you make with the story? Discuss the elements of the story with which you were able to connect.

At first I was merely focused on understanding the storyline as I read because the illustration was bold and I wanted to make sure I was thoroughly taking it in. However, towards the end, I was able to make more connections. I was able to connect the fact that Superman had never actually died in the arctic by freezing to death but in fact he was living a normal life (normal job, normal family, etc.) with Lois in a secret identity as Mr. Elliot. Although it does not ever outwardly state this, it is extremely obvious with the language between the two.

3. What changes would you make to adapt this story into another medium? What medium would you use? What changes would you make?

I feel like this is a hard thing for me to answer, as I am an Interior Design major and I am not familiar, or in better words confident, in thinking of the right alternative of where to take this. However, on the top of my head, I would think immediately that I want this comic to be made into a film. I would want to watch this play out before my eyes and take it in in a different way other than just simply reading it for myself. I am not sure I would make any changes, I think the story was appropriately played out.

Comments

Popular Posts