Week Nine: Arzak, Stories From Heavy Metal

I honestly did not understand the comic I read this week. It took me awhile to chose which one to read in the first place because half of the comics would not open on my computer and the other half did not really appeal to my eye. I ended up reading Arzak in the Stories From Heavy Metal and all I can really say is that it was entertaining.

Aside from being entertaining, this reading was a refreshment from the last couple weeks because it was not entirely an emotional storyline nor was it based off of any historical events from the past. I read the comic a couple times to fully understand what was going on and truthfully the second read did not help (haha). I thought it was interesting though how these two characters, Loona and the Moutainman, were not necessarily "human" as the Moutainman was journeying to discover the human cities he had heard of.

The comic overall gave me an Avatar feel. Although it was not as modern and glamorous as the movie, the idea of their being un-humanlike people and humans living in the same era is what attracted the thought.

The ending was a little abrupt and sad, as Loona and the Mountainman were shot to death by the humans that posed to be soldiers. It was clear that the un-humanlike characters (specifically Mountainman) were naive in thinking it was just to travel so easily up to the humans without any caution.

Comments

Popular Posts